Re: Which drive do people like!

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which drive do people like!
From: "William Hooper" <rotoflex@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 05:59:59 GMT
Kas Kastner in his GT-6 competition preparation manual recommends replacing
the rotoflex rear suspension with the latest-model swing spring suspension.
He obviously likes the swing spring, & it's the one to have in competition.

I like the rotoflex.  It was the suspension on the first car I owned, which
I still have, & we understand each other.  I changed over to the swing
spring once, but changed back.  There's something fun & frisky in the
rotoflex; it matches the 2.0 GT-6 engine, which, as someone else here noted,
has a snappier personality than the 2.5.

To be honest, both rear suspension designs are a little weird.  You can have
large black rubber donuts, or a rear suspension spring that woggles around
in its mount on the differential. That's fine, it goes with the rest of the
car's personality.  (Gas station mechanic about 1977 upon seeing the
Strombergs:  "What do you have flying saucers under the hood for?")  Don't
even start about the BPDWA.

In case anyone has ever been curious:  I once installed a swing spring &
left the rotoflex axle shafts in place also.  The result was scarier
than can be described.