TR6 clutch question/problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 clutch question/problem
From: VK0216@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 21:14:30 EDT
A couple of months ago I had big time clutch problems, the least of which was
I had no clutch pedal, it laid on the floor.  I installed a new clutch master
cylinder, and slave cylinder and new plastic tubing from the slave cylinder.
I did not replace the tubing from the plastic tube to the master cylinder.
Anyway, after proper bleeding, I once again had shifting capability.

I was having problems early on with an inability to shift.  I could not get
from neutral to first gear.  The shifter would not shift.  I was to discover
that I had attached the slave cylinder piston to the wrong position on the
clutch lever.  It now rest in the first position closest to the transmission.
 It has been shifting properly but lately.......after the engine has warmed
up and I have shifted a number of times, all of a sudden the clutch pedal
sticks about half way up when shifting.  It predominately does it in first
and second gears.  Then with my foot off the pedal, it will suddenly come up
the rest of the way on its own and nearly jerk your head off usually
resulting in a stall.  Has anyone experienced this before and would
appreciate any thoughts.  I should say, that when I had the old master and
slave cylinder I also experienced this problem for a time so I do not think I
have problems with these two components......thanks for any help....Virgil 75
TR6

It shifts properly and without