RE: tr3b brakes - broken bleed nipple and old age

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: tr3b brakes - broken bleed nipple and old age
From: "Richard White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 16:30:51 CDT

Listers,

When I asked this question, I did not know I was going to start
Old Fart/Cheap thread.  One thing I'll throw into this. I saw two
options, both required knowing how to get frozen items unscrewed
from the wheel cylinder.  I needed to either get the bleeder
nipple out and replace it or get the brake line off to replace the
cylinder.  The brakes were bled less then sixteen years ago, but
I'll bet that the wheel cylinders have not been removed
in about thirty-seven years. If I break the brake line I'll need to
replace it. If I break it at the connector I'll need to replace it.
Then if I break...

At some point I will need to get an old connection apart.  My plan,
with this repair/restoration is to replace with new when it is
warranted and an option. In the other cases, I'll try to repair the
old part.

I was very please with the rapid help you guys, used as a non gender
specific term, gave me.

Now back to the Old/Cheap discussion.

Rich White  St. Joseph, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF587L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!