Yep, participated in British Car Week

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Yep, participated in British Car Week
From: "Frank & Sandy Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 05:14:45 GMT
Pete (Moss Motors) and with his wife (in their TR6) and my wife and I (TR3)
represented Triumph and British Cars in last Saturdays Porche Club of
Americas  "El Camino Real Navigation Rally."   (El Camino Real = The Kings
Highway, US101 up the California Coast.)   Interestingly, total  "other
brands" outnumbered the Porches.

Rally started in Santa Barbara, crossed over the Santa Ynez mountains and
ended in the wine country of north county.    Over three hours of careful
timing, watching your speed, tricks and surprise check points.  Some people
had an advantage - air conditioning (it hit 97 in the valley yesterday -
summer if here!)

Great time had by all, and Pete won second place in Novice!  We didn't come
in last, but had lots of fun.

Frank, Carpinteria CA      (59 TR3A with slight handicap - no working trip
odometer, no air conditioning, no cruise control, no previous experience -
and a speedometer in KPH!  Lots of calculator and guessing.)