Re: Clues

To: "John Summers" <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Clues
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 11:32:10 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi John
I think contrary to your beliefs a hot engine does not like a rich mixture,
all of my cars would also die right when I pulled the choke, no almost dying
in my fleet, even the PI can only stand it for a couple of seconds, so I
think your car is behaving well when hot. On the other hand the engine
should run fine on the choke when cold, though once it has started you
should reduce to half choke or less, find where it runs best, i.e. tune with
the choke control!

Graham.

For the rest of the short trip - 5 miles or so I continued