Clues

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clues
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 00:46:20 -0400
Ok, got a new distributor cap today to go along with the wires, plugs,
points & condenser.  The gaps are ok.  The car will start with the choke
pulled out.  When running, I blip the throttle and it sounds like half
of the cylinders are misfireing.  Tonight was a very nice night for a
ride so off I went.  About 2 miles into the ride I decided to do some
hard acceleration - just for spite - and when I did there was no
misfireing!  For the rest of the short trip - 5 miles or so I continued
to roughhouse with it and it ran fine.
        Got home sat in the driveway blipping the throttle trying to get a
misfire and got none.  Then I pulled the choke out and contrary to what
it is supposed to do - speed up - it about died,,,,misfireing.
So there you have it.  What IS it?  And how do I fix it?
John Summers
'74 TR 6