Convertible tops and glue?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Convertible tops and glue?
From: bstinocher@unipres.com
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 10:16:46 -0500

List,

I have a question that does affect my TR later, but my Miata right now. I
noticed when driving down the highway with the top up that the top has pulled
away from one of the roof bows and kind of "inflates". I also notice that this
has a glue line, or something like it, that once held the top to this roof bow.
Any suggestions on what to use to reattach this? Contact cement okay? Or is
there some type of special glue? I'm sure that once I get my top on my TR that I
will run into the same concern.

Thanks.