MGB's and the like

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB's and the like
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 22:31:27 -0400
As if I didn't have enough problems already, my brother bought a 1969 MGB
with a totally gone front end suspension.
I begged that he buy a proper car; ie a Triumph, but it seems he liked the
dark side ,  so I'm stuck trying to give him advice as to restore  this car
to it''s former glory. I vaguely remember when he owned an MGBGT ( which I
kinda liked -a lot) back in the early 70's. I remember flogging it to Nag's
Head in 1977 at 90 mh. I remember painting the car a porsche silver and
doing all sorts of weird chants whenever we wanted to start the beast.  I'm
not asking for any help, mind you, from the list, I merely want to vent
about my current situation. My beloved '76 TR6 that I have owned since new
is in pieces awaiting a total engine rebuild and I cannot as yet see the
light at the end of that tunnel.
Perhaps I should just tell him that he's on his own with this one, but my
P/C side tells me that I should help out a fellow LBC'er .

Should anyone have any ideas re: MG's , please respond offlist. Thanks for
the offload.

Jeff Johnson