no longer a shelf/ spare tire question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: no longer a shelf/ spare tire question
From: "Richard White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:11:54 CDT
Listers,

Yesterday was spent working on Truman, the TR3B. We verified that the engine
is not frozen.  It is not running yet, but it will.  Waking
him from his seven year unplanned sleep might take some time. The recent
thread on starting car after years of sitting gave the the courage to
give it a try.

I was wondering what you TR2/3/3A/3B owners were using for spare
tires?  I have Michelin 165/15 XAS tires on the four corners but
as I remember they did not fit into the spare tire space.  When I
was running the car years ago, I was using a very old 5.60/15 tire.
The thought of driving on this tire scares me now.

What are the options?
Anyone using a modern donut?

Rich White  St. Joseph, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF587L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!