Starting old Spit

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starting old Spit
From: "Tim Doyle" <tdoyle@cwsite.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 16:06:12 -0400
So I've got this 64 Spit (MKI) which I traded a bicycle for, yes the bike was
in working order, but I wan't going to need it.  Anyway...the car has sat in a
dry garage for about 25 years or so.  No fluid in the radiator, fresh oil when
stored...car has done duty as a shelf for many years.  I get this thing home
and start going over it...I replaced the hoses and belt, ignition key cylinder
and coil.  Bought a battery today and installed it, car cranked, lights came
on. wipers worked...even the horn works!  Amazing!  Engine pulls fuel from the
gas can, but I'm getting no spark from the coil.  Logically I've got it hooked
up wrong.  The car is still running positive ground and I do have a wiring
diagram, but no photos of the wiring near the starter relay/coil.  Could anyone
out there pop their hood and describe to me in 100 words or less where all
those wires need to go (polarity would be helpful too)?

Thanks much.

Tim Doyle
64 Spitfire (currently on jack stands)