Engine block water drain hole

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine block water drain hole
From: "KENNETH A. vonKLUCK" <KAVONKLU@defrees.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:58:31 -0500
The engine in my 63 TR-4 was rebuilt in 1971 with new oversize liners and
pistons and other necessary pieces.  The rebuilt engine worked fine however the
car was stored until May, 1998 when substantial renovation work was done.  The
car resumed daily service in September, 1998.  However, since the car was taken
out of storage through the present the water drain hole on the side of the
block does not function.  Nothing but small drops of rusty fluid come out of
the drain hole even when the "tap" is removed and the engine if running.  The
engine does not run hotter than when new ( I have had the car since it was new)
so it appears that the coolant is circulating.  Does anyone have intimate
knowledge of the waterways in the block and a suggestion of how I extract the
blockage with taking the engine apart?

Ken von Kluck, CT 20590L