Value Cover Gasket?

To: "INTERNET:BennettDat@aol.com" <BennettDat@aol.com>
Subject: Value Cover Gasket?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:03:16 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:BennettDat@aol.com
>Hi,
    This maybe a silly question, but........

    I PC my Value Cover (Looks Terrific) and when I put it back on do I use

gasket cement on both sides or just the cover?

    Thanks,

    Bob Antoville
<

Bob,

I put it only on the head side.  Since the cover is sheet steel it tends to
spring out when you run the nuts down.  Gluing the gasket to the head tends
to hold the sides together.  It also keeps whatever oil that reaches the
gasket from leaking out between the gasket and head.

An alloy valve cover gets around most of these concerns but I don't have
one yet.

Dave