Amphi car ride

To: "INTERNET:Gbouff1@aol.com" <Gbouff1@aol.com>
Subject: Amphi car ride
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:07:20 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:Gbouff1@aol.com
>The post about the amphi car reminded me of my only experience with the
vehicle.  Over 30 years ago I went to my senior class picnic at the Frank
Davis resort in Moodus, Connecticut. (for the benefit of our older CT
listers, who may remember).  They were giving rides on the river or lake in

the resort's amphi car.  I have always been around boats so I just had to
go
for a spin.  While a very novel idea, it is really designed for fording
small
bodis of water. It is definitely not a rough water boat, as it is very
unstable and has limited manuverability.  But at 18 years old it was still
lot of fun!

Gary Bouffard
<

What I had always heard about the Amphicar is that it was a lousy boat,
too.  I guess that was right.  ;-)

Still a fun concept.

Dave