RE: TR3A engine rebuild

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A engine rebuild
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:23:26 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cliff :

If you have the head off and the bottom end apart, I would definitely pull
the liners out and replace the "figure of 8" gaskets, even if you don't
replace the liners.
You will find an absolutely amazing amount of crud between the liners and
the block.  Plus, the potential grief of having to replace one of those
gaskets right after having done a rebuild just isn't worth the slight
additional cost/effort to replace them.  Think of it as cheap insurance.

Randall
59 TR3A