RE: Trunnion

To: "'Paul_Barlow@translink.bc.ca'" <Paul_Barlow@translink.bc.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Trunnion
From: Mark Price <mprice@keystonesystems.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:24:10 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Paul
Its been a while, but...ISTR it took about 9 full turns to get the correct
position on mine. If the vertical link is proper lubricated (90W gear oil,
although from the list apparently EP grease works fine....but someone will
correct me if I'm wrong) you should be fine.

Check that the threads on both the vertical link and the tunnion are in good
shape, and that you have the proper trunnion on the proper side. They are
left and right handed. (Ask me how I know ;-)

Install the link into the trunnion before you compress the spring and
connect the upper joint.

Good luck
Mark
TR250