Re: Spitfire 1500 oil filter problems

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 oil filter problems
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:05:01 -0400
Cc: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Graham Stretch"
>Hi Dave
Try removing the adaptor from the block and see if the length of one of the
threads is longer, the threads here are the same type either side of the
hex
nut but sometimes come with two different lengths, if I remember right some
of your filter adaptors use different size threads on each end if this is
the case, sorry I can't help you except to say make sure the filter cross
references with the correct type, not just looking similar.

Graham.
<

This seems to be the most common recommendation.  I always thought that
these parts were more of less permanent.  Not so appearently.  I'm learning
more and more every day!

Tanks guys

Dave