No LBC - Mercury Tracer or Mazda 323

To: "INTERNET:levilevi@home.com" <levilevi@home.com>
Subject: No LBC - Mercury Tracer or Mazda 323
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 00:33:19 -0400
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:levilevi@home.com
>Since it's a slow Triumph day would you like to try a Mercury Tracer or
Mazda 323 question (same car basically).  My daughter has ground the
clutch down in her car (the Tracer 1991) and now it revs to high RPMs
with the clutch out and the car moving (but not moving proportionally
faster).  My diagnosis is the clutch either needs adjusting (if
possible) or replacing. <

Typical worn-out-clutch behavior.  If the clutch is adjustable there will
be an exposed rod from the slave cyinder with adjusting nuts and threaded
rod and other such stuff (a la TR3) but if you can see none of this then
assume that it is self adjusting and that you need a new clutch.  Or is it
cable operated?

Changing the clutch in a FWD car is not something I can chuck up in the
been-there-done-that column but I hear its a real bear.

Good luck and have fun (car shoping, that is)

Dave