Trani Removal

To: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: Trani Removal
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:48:17 -0400
Message text written by suhring
>I will pull the transmission first and then hoist the engine off the
frame
and install it to an engine stand. My question to the list is do I have
to support the rear of the engine when I remove the transmission or
will the front mounts hold all up? Are there any words of advice with
removing the transmission from the engine block that would be helpful
since I have never done this before (when I did my TR6 I pulled the
engine and trani as one unit).

TIA

Scott Suhring
<

Scott,

You must support the rear of the engine or it will hinge downward and you
risk tearing the engine mounts at which point the engine may drop to the
floor.  It could ruin your whole day.

Personally, I'd pull the both as a unit and separate them on the floor.
But then that's just me.

Dave