2.5 Saloon..voltmeter or ammeter?

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2.5 Saloon..voltmeter or ammeter?
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:19:50 -0500
Dearest Listers from the far corners of the world,

In working through the previous owner stuff on my 1972 2.5 Saloon, I find
that it has an oil pressure gauge, but no voltmeter or ammeter. I also have
found a few spare "white" wires, taped and un-taped, loose under the dash,
and a rather plumbing store look to the oil pressure line. Am I right in my
assumption that this car came with a voltmeter, not a pressure gauge? This
car gets more interesting every time I work on it. I love the heater/fresh
air system. If Triumph could build this quality unit, why is the TR6 box so
lousy. I'm presently considering my options. I might re-sell it (as my kids
want), but the prospects for turning it into a daily driver look promising.
Here in Texas adding A/C to it is a must, and there is plenty of room under
the dash. Surely an aftermarket A/C unit was produced for this car somewhere
in the world. Has anyone heard of such a unit?

Bob Kramer
TR6, TR4A, 2.5 Saloon
rgk@flash.net