Was: IT'S ALIVE and smooooth

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, kwaringa@dynsys.com
Subject: Was: IT'S ALIVE and smooooth
From: Michael_Bayrock@translink.bc.ca
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:14:13 -0700
Ken,

Notwithstanding the comments from the other folks, but is the clutch slave
cylinder installed correctly?  I had a similar problem with a buddy's TR6
(in Yellowknife), and it came to be that the slave was installed incorrectly
in the 'holder'.

Let me explain - the engine backing plate (or whatever) has a hole cut into
it, and the slave cylinder mounts through the hole and gets bolted up to the
plate.  When I installed the slave, I pushed the slave in the direction
from-the-front-of-the-car-towards-the-back. This puts the slave about 3/8"
further from the clutch actuating arm, and the slave then spits all its guts
out trying to push the arm.

The answer was to put the slave in the hole
from-the-back-of-the-car-towards-the-front. This puts the slave 3/8" closer
to the arm, and then the whole thing works.

Cautions: It was 8 years ago that I worked on the car - I may have "front"
reversed with "back". But if you take a look, I think you will know what I
mean...

Good luck!

Michael

P.S. Don't ask me about which hole on the clutch actuating arm you use to
attach the slave cylinder arm!