Was :Re: Stag Motor Question...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Was :Re: Stag Motor Question...
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 08:09:21 -0400
Great information Terry:

A majority of the motoring public is unaware that they have a vehicle that
needs routine timing belt replacement to avoid the  "painful wallet"
syndrome. We try to point out to customers their service intervals for such
necessities, but you would be amazed at the number of people who would put
off the expense of routine maintenance or are genuinely unconcerned about
the consequences. It's almost as if their vehicles are like a lot of other
'throw-away' appliances they own. I know that this attitude is foreign to
most of us on the list, but we have a desire to hang on to our cars, the
average person would say " Oh, that's ok, I'm going to unload this vehicle
anyway."
Unload, as if they're going to foist a poorly maintained car on some
unsuspecting John Q. Public.
Thanks for the info.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6
(to receive a new timing chain during rebuild)