High oil pressure?

To: "INTERNET:Tobermory9@aol.com" <Tobermory9@aol.com>
Subject: High oil pressure?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:24:45 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:Tobermory9@aol.com
>Hi -
I took my '71 TR6 out for a spin last night and noticed that the oil
pressure
gauge was running high.  I waited until the engine had cooled off and
checked
the oil level, but it was just right - neither too much nor too little, and

the oil was crystal clear.  This is the first time this has cropped up -
what
are the possible causes?  Please explain in simpleton's terms.
Paula K
<

What's too high?  80 PSI?  100PSI?  These pressures are not uncommon on a
cold engine.  But if it peg's the meter even when warm then you have a
stuck pressure relief valve and this should be fixed before you blow out
the oil filter.

More detail please.

Dave