RE: I have a small bone to chew with the list

To: "'Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca'" <Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: I have a small bone to chew with the list
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:59:08 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
How have you decided the vibe is coming from the driveshaft and not the
halfshafts?  Driveshaft vibe is usually present below 60 mph.  How about
taking off the halfshafts (at the diff) and just running up the driveshaft
to 60 mph?  Or, better yet, take everything down to the driveshaft shop
where they can rebalance everything.  Have you done a runout test on the
driveshaft to see if the diff explosion put a corkscrew curl in the
driveshaft? ( have seen it happen ) Exchange front and rear tires, see if
ANYTHING changes. Check the runout on the trans output shaft flange. same
for the diff input and output flanges.
        Don't be pissed with the list.   You have a tough problem here, as
'vibration' can be caused by almost anything.   You've done some of the
investigation already, but you will have to design some experiments to
isolate the offending component(s)
Good luck.
Bob Westerdale