Re: I propse a solution to all this back biting

To: greenman62@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: I propse a solution to all this back biting
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:53:15 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

greenman62@hotmail.com wrote:

> Throughout the ages mankind has found many varied means of settling his
> "disagreements"... on a personal basis. For your consideration, I'll post a
> short list:

> · Balloons and Blunderbusses
> · A pie fight
> · Jousting with sharp lances (the Animal rights folks would have a
>     cow)
>
> Or you could just get on with life and forget about this destructive crap.

Generally good advice, but people will continue to have disagreements.
What does seem to happen continually, and which I still don't
understand, is why, when someone has an ongoing feud in process, it
isn't carried out privately.

I've even had instances of someone literally or figuratively telling me
I'm full of it, and I made my disagreement a strictly private reply, and
they insisted on posting their next reply to me _and_ to the entire
list. Makes no sense to me.

As a general rule, if there's any contentiousness developing, one ought
to be sensible and accept that such is just that, rather than that one
is participating in a public debate in which one is scoring points with
the onlooking judges.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter