Re: TR6 Window Seals/Mythical Tools

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Window Seals/Mythical Tools
From: "Peter Innocenti" <pinno@bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:20:57 -0700
Jonathan,
    I did just what your talking about yesterday. First I removed the
old door waist seal, then I removed the window and the bottom
channel, glued a new door strip glazing on the bottom of the glass
and inserted the glass into the channel. I then took off the 3 bolts
that hold the 'window roller mechanism' to the door. Next I was able
to slide the window with the channel into the door. It's a tight fit but
it will slide through if you slide it at an angle. I was then able to
manipulate the window roller mechanism so the the rollers would
slide onto the channel. I bolted the window roller mechanism back
to the door and everything works perfectly. I made a small 'J'
shaped device out of 1/16" metal. The actual curved "J" part was
about 1/2" long, the handle was about 5" long. It was not problem
putting the clips back in with this device, except for the last one by
the door handle. Seems the the vertical window channel was in the
way. I just removed the two bolts that hold that hold the top part of
the channel in place and was able to move the channel far enough
that I was able to get the clip in. All in all it took about 1 hour. Go
get em.......

Pete Innocenti
74 TR6