TR6 Window Seals/Mythical Tools

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Window Seals/Mythical Tools
From: Crazeecooter@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:27:52 EST
I am about to put my doors back together and I have a couple of questions for
anyone who can help:

1)  The window goes in BEFORE the inner and outer seals, correct?

2)  I remember replacing the window regulator once before, and I had a hell of
a time lining up the bottom of the window with the regulator mechanism...is
there some special "happy" way of doing this?  I am worried about scratching
the glass, and I remember that there was a whole of juggling the two pieces
last time.

3)  As for as the inner and outer seals go, I once tried to replace these as
well (at least the outer ones), and also had a hell of a time because I
couldn't get the clips to fasten...the angle was really wierd because the
window was sitting right there.   I have heard about some mythical crooked tool
that is used for this, but I can't find one.  I have also heard about some
people making such a tool themselves...do any of you have any insight here??

4)  Lastly, I wasn't planning on putting back in that plastic sheet, I think it
is a water protector of some kind, my was pretty ripped to shreds when I took
the door apart anyway...so I figured I didn't need it.  Is this a bad idea.

Thanks for all of your help

Jonathan.