Do I hear $40,000?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Do I hear $40,000?
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 11:36:51 -0600

Regarding the Canadian TR6 FI for sale on Ebay, Bill Miller wrote:

>Very nice car, not near worth what he's
>asking (IMHO), but a very nice car none the less...

Am I the only person on this list who's not offended by someone trying to
sell what appears to be an _extremely_ well restored FI TR6 in a national
market for some $20k USD?

If the time you've spent restoring your car has any value at all, it
wouldn't be difficult to have $20k or more in parts and time tied up in a
car that's that well done (and, again, I'm assuming for the moment that it's
really as nice as it looks in the pictures).

I bought my TR6 for $2500 and spent three years restoring it. When I look
back at all the $ spent on parts, all the time I spent on it and the cost of
engine and body work I couldn't do myself . . . well, $20,000 doesn't sound
so outrageous.

Jim Hill
Madison WI