Generator problems and tuning carbs

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Generator problems and tuning carbs
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:51:51 -0800
Thanks to everyone that responded to my generator issue.  Randall, Geo, and
Charles thanks for the info about the nylon piece around the plug.  Last
night I took the generator apart and the insulator was misaligned preventing
it from poking through the hole.  The end bracket then pushed the connector
to the side causing it to ground.

This solved my electrical problems!!!  I no longer rev up all the way to 30
amps!
My new questions

When idling the Ignition light can be seen glowing faintly.  When I
reassembled my generator I used a little WD-40 on the bushing.  I got a
little on one of the brushes and wiped it clean.  I know the generator
doesnt do too much at idle  but should I be getting that faint glow.  How
bad is getting WD40 on a brush?

Thanks again!
David