Re: TR3A Won't Start

To: "Hansen, Hans C, III (Red), GLSVC" <rhansen@att.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A Won't Start
From: Chad Stretz <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 07:47:44 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Red,
Have you tried putting some fresh fuel in the car?  It doesn't take gasoline
very long to attract moisture/go stale.  I would suggest that you disconnect and
block the fuel line to the carbs, drain the float bowls, (a Mityvac or similar
works great for this) pour some fresh fuel in, put the tops back on the bowls
and try to start it again.  If it starts and runs longer than the initial vroom
then there's your answer.  You'll definitely need to have the choke linkage
hooked up as best you can when it's cold, but it sounds like you've done that.
Good luck, and let us know what happens.
Chad Stretz
73 TR6