Re: Halogen Headlamps for Spitfire

To: moag@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Halogen Headlamps for Spitfire
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, Jan 28 2000 14:22:44 GMT-0500
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get a
>pair? I'm sure I'd get blank stares at my local Pep Boys.

Dave,

I upgraded my TR4 very successfully and cheaply.

Sylvania OSRAM div makes a "Xtra-vision" halogen sealed beam unit for about
$14.95 a piee that is at or beyond year 2000 car lighting.  I think it was
65/55W.  I get the same lighting level as my 99 Passat.

I have not gotten around to installing the relays I bought. I thought they
would be needed but the new sealed-beams work fine on the recently installed
new harness.  No hint of warmth anywhere in the circut.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4 CT16260  Groton,MA
TR4 Website www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/home.html