RE: Lucas, the company

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lucas, the company
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:28:59 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, if you put "Lucas" into the search engine at that site, it comes up
with a 'timeline' that has the following interesting entries :

1959 - Massey Ferguson (later to become Varity Corp.) acquires Perkins
Engines.
1996 - Lucas Industries merges with Varity Corporation.
1998 - TRW and LucasVarity form joint venture for electric power-assisted
steering.
1999 - TRW purchases LucasVarity plc.

So, I'd say the answer is Yes, Lucas is now a miniscule part of TRW.

The good news is that TRW seems to make fairly decent replacement auto
parts, the bad news is that they announced last year they would be selling
off portions of their replacement auto parts business.

Randall