Gas tank coating

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas tank coating
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:04:28 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Moss lists a fuel tank coating (Slushing) compound in their TR-3 catalog.
According to the catalog: "this amazing fluid (fliuf) puts a protective
coating on the entire inside surface of your fuel tank to prevent
rust...blah, blah, blah."   Has anyone used this product form Moss?  Any
opinions on the results? It's about $50 for the etching and slushing
compound.  I looked inside my "61 TR-3A fuel tank (it's out of the car, and
dry), and all I can see is shiny steel - no rust, debris, etc.  Do I need to
use this or some similar coating?
As always, TIA
Dennis