Re: GBP 60 for shipping!?! (little LBC content)

To: QSWI646@email.mot.com
Subject: Re: GBP 60 for shipping!?! (little LBC content)
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 100 14:17:47 -0500 (EST)
Cc: frank@zk3.dec.com, triumphs@autox.team.net

According to UPS's web site calculator, it would have cost me $120 to
ship my old starter back to Rimmer to recover the $20 or $30 core
charge.  Needless to say, I kept it.  I will have it rebuilt locally
and keep it as a spare.  But even if I hadn't planned this in the
first place, I doubt I would have shipped it back anyway.  Makes the
periodic "no shipping" deals from Rimmer look a lot more attractive.

bill

--
bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |