Re: Oil pump rebuild vs buying new

To: "Paul Schneider" <schneidr@mc.net>
Subject: Re: Oil pump rebuild vs buying new
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:08:49 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Paul
I have used the rebuild kits on nearly all the engines I have rebuilt, all
you re use are the body and end plate from your old pump if these are not
worn oval. Have someone measure diameter with an internal mike. If it is
round and within tolerance on the dia I would say there was little
difference. If you go this route dress the end plate flat with wet&dry on a
surface table or a piece of float plate glass. Make sure the clearance on
the rotor to end plate is also good. If you do this there is no reason why
the pump shouldn't last as long as the first one. If you are going to be
driving the vehicle other than as a daily driver (racing etc towing?) you
need an uprated pump.

Graham.