U.J.'s

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: U.J.'s
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:34:54 EST
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 11:07:09 -0800
From: Steve <wsteve@primenet.com>
Subject: TR6 axle U-joint P/N?

Does someone have a x-ref, generic, ie. Spicer etc., number for the U-joint
in the TR6 rear axle?
Thanks
Steve Wilkinson

To Steve and others;

TR6 Universal Joint: Unipart Number: GSJ102

Spitfire/GT6 etc Universal Joint: Unipart Number: GSJ101

Hope that helps.

Léon F Guyot

Triumph Sports Six Club
International Liaison Secretary
1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible
Wimbledon, London, England.

previously
1955' ish Daimler DB18 Consort Saloon (Dad's really) (sold for 30 GBP!)
1965 Renault Caravelle Coupé (Dad's) (silver, smart, smashed!)
1967 Rover P6 2000TC (Dad's, fast, sporty & 10.1 compression ratio, 5 star
please!)
(The first restoration I was involved with, in my teens, oh dear,
impressionable mindz.
1974 Triumph 2000 Mk.2 (really a TC), Auto Saloon, Sapphire Blue, gorgeous,
fun kick-down on auto box, reliable, and a family member for years and years.

(The second resto')
1990 Peugeot 405 GLD Saloon, Red, Smooth, Very economical on Diesel fuel,
Great handling, but dodgy electrics. (inherited from late father)
(I won't be restoring this car, but will maintain it until I have to buy
another modern, and that will be something rather more interesting...Alfa
Romeo 156 or similar).
No rush, Pug's only done 46,000 miles.
*****************
1967 Herald 1200 Convertible (Red) Did it all with that car.
and I mean ALL.
Resto'd (several times). Tuned, S.U.'s> Twin Weber's>Supercharger etc.
235,000 miles when sold after 18 years.

1967 Herald 1200 Estate (dk.blue) (clunker) did a couple of years.
(more fun after I fitted a Spitfire Mk.2 engine)
1963 Herald 1200 Saloon (grey) (clunker) about 2 years.
1970 Herald 13/60 Saloon (light yellow) (very reliable clunker)

Lots of Spitfires, All models...cannot recall how many, about 20, I think.

Bentley Series 2, Dark green over lighter green. short time...stately.
made the neighbours curtains twitch.

1972 Sunbeam Alpine, disliked it, not as much fun as a Triumph, felt to
modern, horrible brakes.

1965 Frogeye (Bugeye) Sprite, cramped, but fun to drive.
(filled up with water, and I mean filled up!, oh that;s why they're called
footwells)

1984 Rover 3500 Vdp SD1 V8 Saloon, cheap, rusty, crap tyres, scary but by
god, did that car accelerate!
(gotta love that engine)

My beautiful Vitesse, built from 11 parted out cars.
Vitesses and GT6's. mostly rusted out or crashed - not by me)
Been building her since June 1984, not yet finished, but soon, very soon.
Every second spent in that car, is a memorable experience.
She's Red, She's Expensive, She's Hot, She make's a lot of noise, and
attracts a lot of attention. And she is MINE!

Léon F Guyot
(I wasn't going to join in this thread either!)