RE: Changing the TR6 Coolant

To: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Changing the TR6 Coolant
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:31:48 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the plug threads on the 6-cylinder
block the same as on the older 4-bangers? If so, I might consider changing
my TR6's plug for a stopcock as used on my 3A (as I have an extra) the next
time I'm flushing the TR6.

As late-model TR6 owners may have noticed, there is no drain plug/stopcock
on their rads as there was on the earlier cars (TR2 up to 71 or 72 tr6?). If
you have your rad out for any reason, you might consider getting it tapped
for such a 'tap'. It beats undoing the lower rad hose (right, Mike G?).

Cheers, JD
(I guess I'm starting a 'thread' thread, eh?:-))