Egnine mount nuts

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Egnine mount nuts
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:52:24 -0800
Hello all
what kind of nuts should one use on the engine mount?  Nyloc?
Also upon the recommendation from a few people on the list I am going to
take my radiator to a shop to see how much it would be to braze on some
brackets for my new electric fan.  One question though.  Will the supplied
plastic nuts and bolts intended for a through core installation hold a
vibrating 10 pound fan?  They dont seem too strong but then again it seems
most electric fans come with this sort of mounting kit.

Last question how many amps is the stock generator able to produce?  I have
an electric fuel pump, electric fan, and stock everything else.  the fan
draws 12.5 amps and im not too sure about the fuel pump.  I was told the
stock generator is only capable of about 22 amps.  Im thinking I will need
to convert to an alternator to get more power.  I have seen past threads on
this subject and have seen some postings on websites about GM conversions.
If I need more power which I definately think I will (radio) I was wondering
which model alternator would be best for the conversion.  I know many will
work after dealing with mounting issues, but I would feel alot safer using a
model that someone else has had success with.  That way I can go in and ask
for the exact part instead of having the guy show me every alternator in
stock.  (I went in with my generator the other day and the guy wouldnt open
every box to see which was closest in size.  What a meanie hehehe)

Thanks all!
David Lee

64 TR4