Re: TR3 Stone Guards

To: Dennis & Bridget Lambert <blambert@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Stone Guards
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:28:58 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dennis & Bridget:

When I restored my 58 3A 2 years ago ( for the 2nd time) I took TRFs advice
and just restored my originals as best I could. They state in their catalog
that the repros are of poor quality, I believed them.
I used a high quality body filler made for metal to repair the stone and
sand blasting. Riveted new attachment clips where the old ones just fell off
and painted with a few coats of Silver rustoleum. I waited about a week and
then rubbed the paint with a soft cotton diaper which dulled the finish a
bit so as not to be so shinny.
The fit was fine as could be expected from originals.
Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A
1974 T140V