RE: questions on motor/transmission cart

To: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@pacbell.net>, "Dan Buettner" <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Subject: RE: questions on motor/transmission cart
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 18:25:15 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

A basic but really adequate engine stand is available at all the
big parts stores for $45-50. Our TR engine are not very big by
American v8 standards.  I used one from Parts America on my 9
month overhaul and it worked fine.

If I were in the business I would look for more ease of use, 4
legs instead of 3, better wheels and roller bearings and such...
and spend a lot more.  But since I hope I only use it once.... it
was fine.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site