New to the List

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New to the List
From: Paul Scott <paul_d_scott@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 07:31:56 -0800 (PST)
After a Peter Egan kind of life with numerous MGs,
Sprites, Jensen Healeys and other British roadsters, I
thought I had put behind me any interest in British
sports cars, only to have a friend give me a 72
Spitfire in exchange for doing a head/broken belt job
on his 944.

(Can you still call someone who gives you a Spitfire a
friend - especially when it has a hole in the block,
some leading/trailing edge bonnet/boot lid rust,
rusted out floorboards, half weathered and half taken
apart?)

So now I've got the British sports car fever again and
can't wait to get the light nimble beast back on the
road.

Anyway, I'm looking for a 1296 cc or 1500 cc engine
located somewhere close to the area between Lafayette
LA and San Antonio TX.

Will someone confirm that the later model 1500 engine
is a straight swap?

I also noted that someone posted a comment about
swapping a TR6 6 cyl in a Spitfire - how difficult is
this?

Any comments or suggestions on other reasonably easy
engine/trans swaps would be appreciated.

Although I know it is sacrilege, what about a miata,
rx-7, or 240sx engine/trans swap?

Cheers- Paul Scott
72 Spitfire
85 928