RE: Weber down draft for TR7

To: "kjschmitt@jcn.net" <kjschmitt@jcn.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE: Weber down draft for TR7
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:36:17 -0500
Karl,

My father-in-law has one of these.  1980 TR7 with a weber setup installed by
the dealer.  I was not impressed in the many times I drove it.  I have not
driven
other 7's, so I can't really compare.  However, my TR4A has much more
get-up-and-go
than the 7.  Also, the carb in a bitch to tune.  Now maybe it never was properly
tuned (but it idles and runs smoothly, just weakly), but I have serious
questions about
whether the carb alone is a worthwhile mod.

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>From: "Karl J. Schmitt" <kjschmitt@jcn.net>
Subject: Webber down draft carb's for a TR7

I am considering the purchase and installation of a pair of Webber down
draft carburetors for my restored 1980 Triumph TR7. I am seeking general
advice on this installation and would appreciate your opinions and
suggestions.  Please contact me directly at  kschmitt@jcn.net

Thank you, Karl J. Schmitt<