Re: TR3 brake update and new questions

To: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 brake update and new questions
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 23:59:08 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>I am going to replace all of the brake lines on my car.  I am curious to
>know what fittings are being used.  I know these are standard fittings and
>I would like to know the fitting name or number so that I could obtain the
>correct fittings.  Short of taking the fitting up to the local autoparts place
>and saying that I want 6 of these.  I want to be able to ask for 6 of male
>type x-yy fittings instead.

Hey Roger --

I don't know how much experience you have cutting, bending and
flaring brake lines -- but having tried making my own lines a couple
times, I'd suggest buying a brake line set from one of the parts
suppliers.  TRF, Moss, and VB have them, as do (I'm told) British
Parts Northwest and Rimmer Bros.  They don't seem terribly expensive.

This is what I'm planning on doing with mine anyway.  If you do make
them yourself, more power to you!

Dan

TR3 body ready to come off frame, if only I had a place to put it.

Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U, now with an O too. Runs & drives, but shakes
like crazy; needs new tires and a steering/suspension rebuild.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/gmachine/greenmachine.html

1957 TR3, TS15098L. Needs an O. Undergoing frame-off restoration begun 9/99.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/TR3/TR3.html

1988 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon. Gets me to work and back home again every day.
No home page. (go figure)