Leaking oil dampers- ZS CDSE's

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaking oil dampers- ZS CDSE's
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 18:41:59 -0800
Hi Listers,
I just got through going through my carbs with rebuild kits(on '74 Tr6
ZS-CDSE's). They were not leaking before rebuild but now after a good cleaning,
both dampers are leaking down over a couple of days. I pulled the metering
needle on one but the adjustment mechanism/allen screw is somehow held in
place.  Anyone got a 'been there, done that' technique on getting this piece
out. As well, is there a seal to replace once I've 'been there, done that'?

Thanks!