RE: Rotors -- worth saving? Procedures?

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rotors -- worth saving? Procedures?
From: "Andy Dixon" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:15:15 -0500charset="Windows-1252"
Cc: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
I know this isn't the Miata list, but it's my daily driver and my TR's are
in various stages of repair or disrepair if you take my wife's point of view
(I guess several of you have that problem, though she does tolerate it and
never says a word about not being able to get into the garage because of the
disassembled TR6, all the extra parts for it, and the TR3 parts). I
digress - I don't know what grade/formulation of steel Mazda used for the
rear rotors but they look like that every morning. Indications I got when I
was on their list is that it's normal for them. Anyway, if it IS just
surface rust I wouldn't worry.
Do be careful about the thickness though. Generally TR rotors won't take a
turning after many years of regular use.
Andy