headers & spedo cables

To: "INTERNET:Crazeecooter@aol.com" <Crazeecooter@aol.com>
Subject: headers & spedo cables
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 19:05:23 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:Crazeecooter@aol.com
>2)  Spedo cable--the moss catalog on page 72..describes two different
kinds
depending upon year.  A 69" one for all tr6s up to 1972, then another one
that has both a upper and lower portion for '74 1/2- '76.  what cable goes
on
the cars from 73-early 74.  The cable I pulled off my car is not two
portions...but I know I don't have a 72 or earlier tr6.  The guys at moss
were not helpful and TRF is all out of stock.  I ordered the upper and
lower
cables and I will just have to wait until they come to see if they
work...unless any of you have any other insight.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan.
<

Use the early model spedo cable.  They are all the same until the time the
EGR light module was added.  Even then you can use the early model cable
and bypass the EGR Milage counter altogether.

Dave