Heater control flaps (aka testicooler pullers)

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater control flaps (aka testicooler pullers)
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 01:49:54 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Philip Barnes wrote:

It's only by accident that I discovered (long ago) how to operate the
scuttle vent. It certainly is well hidden. Passengers are always puzzled
when I reach under the dash to open it.

Consider the scenario when the handbrake lever was alongside the transmission
hump and not
on top of it. There was a time I could remember the number of times I'd had my
face
slapped by a girl on first date in the dark as I leaned over to release or
engage the
brakes. There again, I could also remember the number of entirely opposite
scenarios and
it was about evens. Trouble is, I can't now remember whether the count was in
ones, tens
or hundreds - and sadly it was too long ago. Anyone want to lend me a TR so I
can
re-experience the memory.

Jonmac

Current Book: IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
New Book: THE CROCUS AND A CORNFLOWER http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus
The SLOW progress with 'Canley Girl': http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/
Triumph Charity Run in 2000 (in UK): http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/stories/