Insulting comments

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Insulting comments
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 10:22:57 -500
Glad to see we're still here...
On the state of this list, I have a lot of tolerance for varying opinions, BUT:
is there a need to throw in insults when disagreeing with someone? I keep seeing
people saying how everyone's entitled to their opinion, but the unspoken
qualifier
seems to be "as long as it's the same opinion as mine" - not really so
open-minded.

I've been enjoying the list for a few years and it's most pleasant when people
are not trying to be smarter than others, because by making said effort, they
automatically fail, and it's in public. So sad.
The comaraderie's great; the technical help is the best; lots of people are
willing to go out of their way to help others, but there can be a lot of crap.
How about a New Year's resolution to "do unto others"?
(Maybe if people want their 15 minutes of fame extended they can do it on their
web pages instead of here.)
OK, thanks,
Jim Wallace
60 TR3a 2TS81417L
....analytical genious....Thirty years of experience proves....anal....relieve
the holes.....
http://www.superaje.com/home