Re: TRF-hopefully the last word?

To: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF-hopefully the last word?
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 10:19:13 EST
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
Fred and List-

I have long thought you could tell a lot about people by examining how they
spent their time away from work. You can also make the same examination by
examining how people spend their money.

Sometimes (like with many on this list) those answers will lead one to the
same conclusion.

I have know the people at TRF for many years. I consider them as friends, not
vendors, so I may not be as objective on this subject as others. But I have
seen Charles work night and day on both the parts business and restaurant
without any time off now for the last few years. His vision of having a place
to hang out, eat good food and enjoy a pint with friends was lofty. But the
"friends" he intended to enjoy his time with at the restaurant was us!

Charles has spent all of his time and all of his money on making both
businesses work. I hope he is successful. People who work hard deserve a pat
on the back, even when they fail.

Even though I do understand our emotional commitment to our cars, I simply do
not understand the sometimes mean-spirited comments about a vendor like TRF.

All the best for 2000.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY

1954 TR2