Unsticking engine parts

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Unsticking engine parts
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:11:03 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
> .... Looks like I will be buying at least one connecting rod tho .... ~g~

Naaaaa!  I had one stuck piston like that.  Water had sat in the cylinder
for some number of years, but I wanted my fourth con-rod back. I soaked the
piston in every conceivable solution.  (This was the first time Kano Kroil
failed me.)  I tried breaking up the piston to get it out, but that was
going no where fast, so....  I split the liner, with a cold chisel, BFH and
SAFETY GLASSES!

There was so much crud formed between the liner and piston I know why it
didn't come out.

Have fun,

Jack (smashing liners isn't fun) Brooks
BTW - Although I am embarrassed to admit it, I tried an old Axe too, but the
cold chisel worked much better.