Re: Bypass valves

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bypass valves
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 07:45:57 -0500
Scott,

Great info on the bypass valve, but if I remember correctly (probably
don't) screwing the adjustment screw IN (clockwise) actually reduces
the spring load on the valve and causes it to open under less pressure.
Do I have this right?  What I really want someone to tell me is how to
make the adjustment.  I have cleaned the assemblies and replaced the
gaskets in both my Spit and my TR6, but I've just been adjusting by trial
and error until things "feel" right.

Tim Gaines
1980 Spitfire
1974 TR6